Who doesn’t want to have gorgeous skin and hair? The truth is that all of us dream of better versions of ourselves, in which we not only look better, but we also feel better. Our skin and hair are things that define us, which is why it is important to maintain them healthy and beautiful.
Sometimes, our genetic package isn’t helping much, though. But luckily, there are ways to help it by forcing the hair to grow and stimulating the collagen production in our skin. Also, the more balanced our hormones are, the better we will look.
So how can we do these changes? Although there isn’t a magic recipe for it and it all depends on our construction, we can choose to plan our meals and include the top 10 superfoods that are well-known for the effects they have on the skin and hair.
Here are the 10 foods that you should start including in your meal plan right away:
1. Salmon – fatty fish is highly recommended for everyone who wants to improve the quality of their hair and skin. Basically, all fatty fish can be included in this category. They contain omega-3 acids that can also be found in our scalp and skin.
2. Spinach – this miracle vegetable is recommended for those who want to prevent premature wrinkles. It contains high amounts of vitamin C and beta carotene, which is why it is essential for both the skin and hair.
3. Coconut milk or water – whether you choose to consume coconut milk, oil or water, you will still benefit from its amazing properties. It contains huge amounts of healthy fats, as well as vitamin E and K and minerals, which is why it will nurture your skin and hair.
4. Avocado – this fruit is filled with unsaturated oils that are healthy for your entire body. It contains omega-9 and vitamins A and D. Eat one avocado per day and watch your skin and hair become more beautiful.
5. Walnuts – just like salmon and avocado, walnuts contain omega-3 and omega-9 fatty acids and will give your hair and skin the shine and freshness they need.
6. Pineapple – drink pineapple juice or eat it in a fruit salad regularly if you want amazing skin and hair. It contains a lot of vitamin C and helps the body synthesize collagen.
7. Oysters – skin cells have a zinc compound that must be continuously filled. The oysters have the right amount of zinc to help you maintain a perfect skin and hair for a long time.
8. Oats – eat oats every morning and as often as you can during the day, as they contain large amounts of zinc, magnesium, potassium and biotin, nutrients that are essential for the skin and hair.
9. Garlic – this isn’t just a natural antibiotic that helps you stay healthy, but it can also prevent breakouts. It will help you maintain a clear skin and a beautiful hair if consumed on a regular basis.
10. Pumpkin seeds – vitamin A, K and C are the main compounds of these delicious seeds. Also, they contain omega-3 acids that will give your hair the perfect shine and will repair your skin when required.